11.14.2008

My 'Bucket List' - Feed a Giraffe

I have decided to start a 'Bucket List'.

This is my approach to my list. Because I am a blue personality (susceptible to guilt trips), can be random at times and enjoy spontaneity, I will do something that is 'Bucket worthy' and then I will add it to my 'Bucket List' so that I can cross it off.

That way, at the en
d of my days, I will have crossed off everything on my list! A perfectly guilt-free approach to my 'Bucket List'!


No. 1 - Feed a giraffe. I need to mention how incredibly difficult it is to hold a camera, hold a giraffe cracker, keep the giraffe from eating the cracker before you take the picture while you make sure that the giraffe eats the cracker and not your fingers.

All in all, I think this is a great picture. I might note that when I shared my accomplishment with my brother and sister-in-law
, they did not share my enthusiasm and asked if I had washed my hands (and wondered why on earth I went to the zoo instead of the spa - the spa isn't on my list, yet!).

Oh well, every one's 'Bucket List' is different.


*Random fact - I asked the giraffe keeper which one of the giraffes was the 'fat duck' - you know, the duck that is bossy and overbearing and eats all of the bread crumbs. I didn't want to feed that giraffe. He pointed out a giraffe ambling over to me and mentioned that she's pregnant. How can you not feed the pregnant giraffe? So I ended up feeding the pregnant giraffe and two baby giraffes.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ohhh! You know I am so jealous!