3.18.2010

Bobcats & Bears & Boys - Oh My!

I cannot say for certain
but I think this . . . 

 
 (my own Scrub Scrouts - Mr. W.'s term of endearment)
is why they created
Cub Scouts for
young boys. 

{And for the record - between Mr. W. & I (and with a little help from our boys :) we have earned our Bear, Bobcat, Wolf, Eagle, Sparrow, Cougar, Magpie, Silver Scissors, Bronze Nagging Parent, Gold Sleeping Bag, Watermelon Cheer, Pinewood Derby, Life, Felt Like Dying on the Escalante, Buffalo, Blue Tarp, etc., etc. and, most importantly, peace of mind knowing that the projects are over, the merit badges are earned and our Eagles are safely married.  As the saying goes - we gave them roots and wings.  Okay, technically the Boy Scouts of America gave them 'wings'.}

2 comments:

Christine said...

In just 24 hours our "Scrub Scrout" will compete in the annual Pine Wood Derby! He told me this morning that he hopes to place 3rd in at least one race! :-) Thanks for the laugh!

Stephanie said...

Priceless...Oh how little they have changed :)