10.01.2008

Decision '08

(a very pregnant mayor :)

As I've watched the economic news grow dimmer every day (it seems) and the political rhetoric ramp up, I pondered . . . what other mayors might be viable candidates for the pres./v.p. slot.

I present to you the possibility of The Munchkin Mayor!

Think about it - His constituents always seemed to be happy and singing. Really, their only pressing problem seemed to be a wicked witch here and there (no financial bailouts). He seemed to handle tornado immigration with ease. He was helpful and generous with his directions to Oz. His ability to mix greens in his wardrobe was unparalleled! And, if you needed to know what time it was, you could just look at the gigantic watch strategically placed where all could see. He showed grace under extreme conditions when his airspace was compromised (wicked witch flying around with creepy monkey/bat soldiers threatening any one who crossed her path) and his city was tidy and blooming.

I'm not sure of his party affiliation (Independent I would guess) but I'll be thinking of him when I cast my vote this November.

If only the Munchkin Mayor was a US citizen . . . oh, the possibilities!

1 comment:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Nancy I love your thinking!! where is that mayor of the munchin land? He seems better than any we have going!! I love the scrapbook page!