3.07.2011

A Senior Moment

Vanessa at Log Haven

Watching your child develop is like watching a beautiful rose slowly unfold one petal at a time.  The divine within is immediately apparent but their individual personalities manifest themselves moment by moment.  It is humbling to see each of your children become the person they were meant to be.

Elizabeth's rose

Tonight we attended Timpview's Choir Concert.  In an act of complete bravery, Vanessa volunteered to accompany the Mixed Choir.  She played beautifully in front of a packed auditorium made up of peers and families.  I realized at the end of her piece that I had not taken a breath throughout her performance.

After the concert

During my brief piano lesson experience, I quit before every recital.  
I still become overwhelmed and shaky whenever I try to play in public.  
I am so impressed with Vanessa's courage to try (and accomplish) something outside of her comfort zone.  I present 'Cantate Domino' sung by the Timpview Mixed Chorus accompanied by Vanessa.


2 comments:

Jason & Kelli West said...

way to go Nessa! so proud of you! sad we couldnt make it. Its 9:30 and Jason still is not home from work!! :( otherwise i would have been there!

Lisa said...

Way to go Nessa!!!