11.06.2011

{ wisdom }

Maybe it's the shorter days and longer nights,
or maybe it's the lengthened streams of sunlight
in the late afternoon
or the quietness that comes
with children back in school
and frost on the grass
but whatever brings it on,
I find myself more reflective in the fall
as I think about my life,
my struggles, my triumphs,
my life lessons learned.

I gained empathy while experiencing loss,
freedom while breaking crippling bonds,
gratitude while holding my children,
reverence while honoring my mother's life,
testimony while applying the Atonement,
healing while seeking forgiveness
and laughter while remembering to look up.

I heard this song and was a little taken aback
by the term 'beautiful heartbreak' but
as I listened and thought of my own journey
I was grateful again for lessons learned,
testimony deepened,
understanding broadened
and the healing balm
of my Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: