8.29.2008

Just thinking about my mom . . .


My mother-in-law told me once that 'October babies are melancholy babies'. I don't know if it's the touch of fall in the air, my approaching birthday or just plain old 'melancholy' but I do know that some days the longing for one more day with my mom is more intense than others. I had the blessing of being raised by 'a mother who knew' that her role had eternal impact and who expressed an unfailing love of the Savior.

I love this picture of my mom & nephew. It captures the love she has of family. I miss her terribly and I am grateful for the blessing it is to be her daughter.

When God thought of mother,
he must have laughed with satisfaction and framed it quickly ---
so rich, so deep, so divine,
so full of soul, power, and beauty was the conception.
- Henry Ward Beecher -

No comments: