9.17.2008

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished . . .


About ten years ago I was in Walmart the day before Mother's Day. As I passed the jewelry counter, a man looking at necklaces asked me if I would try a couple of necklaces on so he could see how they long they hung. Being the helpful person I am and always willing to help out a husband buying jewelery for his wife, I willingly stopped to help.

As I tried on the necklace, he looked at my neck and said,

"Oh, I know this will hang longer on my wife because SHE DOESN'T HAVE A FAT NECK LIKE YOU!"

How do you respond to that?

As you will note in the (un-Photoshopped) photo - my necklace hangs LONG and FLAT!

As my husband reminds me often - No good deed goes unpunished.

* Life Lesson (isn't that what they call this) No. 138,572 - Don't try on jewelry for strangers!
* LIfe Lesson No. 138,573 - Don't trust men who buy their wives jewelry at Walmart!

1 comment:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Nancy!!! Goodness, some people have NO TACT what so ever!! Harumph! I would have given him a piece of my mind! I think your neck is beautiful! Those are good life lessons to learn though! :)