9.28.2010

It's Autumn Time!

Leaf Tour 2004 - South Fork in Provo Canyon

I LOVE autumn!  Our annual fall leaf viewing, drive around the 'Loop', stop at Purple Turtle for a shake FHE inspired me.

American Fork Canyon 2009
I went to my trusty Joann's fabric store, bought 4 packages of 
Autumn Inspirations maple leaves ($1.99 minus 40% for a package of 35 leaves - the oak leaves were in uninspiring shades of brown 
so I stuck with the maple leaves), came home and 
emptied them into a Ziploc bag.


I plan to use them to teach this Primary song.

It’s Autumntime

 Children’s Songbook, Nature and Seasons, It’s Autumntime, 246

1. It’s autumntime. It’s autumntime.
The leaves are falling down.
It’s autumntime. It’s autumntime.
It’s all around the town.

2. It’s autumntime. It’s autumntime.
There’s yellow, red, and brown.
It’s autumntime. It’s autumntime.
Bright colors can be found.

Words: Rita Mae Olsen, b. 1932. © 1966 IRI
Music: Rita Mae Olsen, b. 1932; arr. by Vanja Y. Watkins, b. 1938. © 1966, 1989 IRI


I will give each Nursery child a handful of leaves and when we get to 'The leaves are falling down' and 'There's yellow, red, and brown', we'll toss our leaves up in the air.  At the end of the song, we'll 'rake' them up and sing our song again and again and again until they tire of it.  I must say the 'crickets' held their attention for quite a while and I have high hopes for our leaves.

1 comment:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Nancy you are so good to those kids! Im sure they will all have so much fun throwing leaves up and doing it over and over again!!