9.30.2010

A Night At The Museum

the lobby
this guy greeted us right outside our motel room!


Another one for the Bucket List. I had never considered the possibility of sleeping over at the Bean Museum.  It just happened to be my there were no over motels with vacancies at 11 p.m. in Cody, Wyoming with my dad was well past his bedtime - who knew that tourist season for Yellowstone Park goes through the end of October lucky day (night).



We not only got a room but an opportunity to stay in a hunter's/taxidermist's dream motel.  Unfortunately for us, the motel we stopped at before this one had no vacancies (our fifth try).  Their lobby was filled with just about every kind of African animal (full sized rhino, male lion, gazelle, etc.)  I did not see a giraffe and elephant but then I was in a bit of a hurry.  I wish I had my camera for that one.


The pictures hardly do this place justice.
for Ryan


Did I mention that, due to the lack of available motel rooms, Mr. W. and I shared a room with my dad and Bonnie.  I told Dad that we had come full circle - it was like when I was little and shared a motel room with my dad and mom (and six siblings).


Breakfast is served!



Years ago our family stayed in a motel right on the highway in Evanston, Wyoming.  As kids, we were so excited to find that, for just a quarter, the bed would vibrate.  How great is that! (we thought).  A motel room with beds to entertain children.  All seven of us piled on the bed, put in a quarter and went for a ride on the bed.  It's amazing that we didn't break the bed.  We were so innocent . . . I realized a few years ago that the bed wasn't intended for children.  Oh well, we got our money's worth - 25 cents divided by 7 children - definitely cheaper than Disneyland!




No comments: